If you think you or someone you know may be eligible for sentencing review under the Act based on the criteria for eligibility under the bill, please do the following:
- If the incarcerated individual currently has an attorney, please have the attorney reach out to the CFSY at email@example.com or 202-289-4677 ex. 17.
- If the incarcerated individual does not have an attorney and was represented at trial by the Public Defender Service (“PDS”) for the District of Columbia and your attorney’s phone number was 202-628-1200, please contact Jenna Cobb at PDS (202-824-2502). As a reminder, the Bureau of Prisons records all inmate calls. In order for the call to be confidential, you will have to set up a legal call with PDS.
Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
633 Indiana Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
- If you do not have an attorney, were not represented by PDS at trial, and want to be appointed an attorney, we suggest you do the following:
- Fill out the “Motion for Appointment of Counsel” and send it to your sentencing judge (not the CFSY).
- If your sentencing judge has retired or is no longer the judge in your case, please reference the “Pairing of Judges” document.
- The appropriate mailing address is:
ATTN: Your judge’s name
District of Columbia Courts
500 Indiana Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001
While we cannot guarantee that your judge will grant your “Motion for Appointment of Counsel” and appoint you a lawyer, we are hopeful. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-289-4677 ex.17.